Do you need a water heater installed? Have leaky pipes or faucets and not sure what to check for when looking for a reliable plumbing company? Here are six things you should consider when choosing the right plumber for the job.
- Licensing – Most basic rule is to ensure the plumbing company is licensed and carries full insurance to protect you and your property. Especially on larger jobs, confirm that the project lead is licensed and that anyone working with him is either a journeyman or licensed apprentice. Bieg Plumbing is always more than happy to provide our licensing or bonding information when requested.
- Union or nonunion – When hiring union plumbers, you are hiring the safest, very highly trained and productive workforce. Union plumbers are required to have undergone a thorough training program, equivalent to a four-year college degree. Don’t get me wrong, there are great plumbers who are not necessarily associated with the UA but with a union plumber, you will keep your peace of mind.
- Reputation – Before making any decisions on what plumbing service to hire, find out what customers are saying about the plumbing company. With the help of the internet, it is now quite easy to find feedback on most companies from a variety of sources. Some of these platforms include the company website, Angie’s List, Facebook, Google etc.
- Availability – Especially if you own a business such as a restaurant or manage rental properties, you know very well that a plumbing emergency cannot wait. Find a plumber who you can rely on and will show up on time.
- Quality – Make sure you hire a reputable plumber with a proven record of great workmanship. Most of the time, a plumber with quality work has had many years in the business. There is a reason a company like Bieg Plumbing has been in business since 1960. Reputable companies should last, while disreputable ones usually will fade. But that’s not usually the case. You want to avoid hiring an inexperienced or incompetent plumber that may lead you to have to hire another plumber to correct their mistakes. A faulty water heater installation can cause you major problems in the future, not to mention the added costs.
- Price – As with any other service or product, price is always a factor. It is advisable that you gather multiple estimates from different plumbing companies to ensure you get the best deal. Although, the cheapest plumber sometimes isn’t the best person for the job. You also have to consider their reputation, quality of work, and whether they have the necessary licenses.
Are you looking for a reliable plumber you can trust? Count on Bieg Plumbing Company! Proudly serving the St. Louis area since 1960! For any plumbing emergencies, please call (314) 487-4564.