Water Pipe Replacement And Repair
Time is quite literally money, as a leaky pipe can cost you much more down the road if it leads to structural damage. A burst pipe will likely be pretty hard to ignore, but other issues can be less obvious.
Call the experts here at Bieg Plumbing for a consultation if you notice any of the following:
- A brown or reddish tint to your water. If you see that your water is a bit muddy, the pipes could be suffering from corrosion or rusting. This corrosion can result in a serious leak if left untreated.
- Damage to the water heater. If your water heater or any other appliance that uses water has been damaged, it could be because there is a leak in the pipes that is not allowing them to fill properly. Many water heater models will suffer damage when you don’t fill them entirely.
- Consistently low water pressure. Have you recently turned on the shower expecting to be refreshed, but instead left unsatisfied as water lazily falls from the shower head? The low water pressure you’re experiencing could be caused by leaky or broken pipes.
- Damp spots on drywall. One of the clearest signs that your pipes are leaking is if you see there are damp or wet spots on your drywall.
- Warped or soggy hardwood. If you have a hardwood floor and are starting to find places where it is warped or soggy, you should contact us immediately. Your expensive flooring is already damaged, and waiting too long will make the problem worse.
These annoying effects could be because of many factors, such as:
- Corrosion. Although copper pipes are very durable, they still can be susceptible to corrosion. Poor water quality or age can cause it. If you find that any of your pipes suffer from corrosion, you need to have it repaired or replaced immediately. Some cases will only require replacing certain areas of the pipe, while other situations will call for a full replacement. Bieg Plumbing offers free estimates, so call today and let us break down the issue for you.
- A burst pipe. Although not as common in St. Louis as it is in colder areas, burst pipes still happen. If you notice major water damage or hear gushing water, cut the water by turning off the shutoff valve and call in the experts at Bieg Plumbing to help fix the problem quickly.
- Cracks or leaks. Leaks happen most often in the joints of pipes and sometimes you can fix this easily. Other times, you may have a crack in the pipe. This would require a replacement.
Bieg Plumbing offers 24-hour emergency service. So day or night, if you find that you have a major water leak, contact us and have it inspected immediately. With over 60 years of experience in serving the St. Louis community, we’re here to help you get your home back to normal